Join the French Prarie Gardens Team!
Who are we?
We are a farm market and garden center that also engages the public in family-friendly, annual events. Located on a 500 acre farm in rural St. Paul, Oregon, we are owned and operated by the Pohlschneider Family since 1996.
Who are our team members?
The nature of our operations requires us to seek out employees who are fun, friendly, hard-working, and passionate about providing customers with a unique farm experience that keeps them coming back time and time again. Outstanding customer service, quality farm products, and fun, family farm events are what we strive to provide every time, without exception.
We're looking for super cool, enthusiastic team members who will help make all the Fall magic happen here at French Prairie Gardens & Family Farm. Become one of our "Pumpkin Patch & Pig Racin' Experts" this year -- group interviews begin Sept. 10!
French Prairie Gardens & Family Farm has welcomed thousands of guests over the past 20 years! In that time, we have relied on a dedicated group of more than 30 Pumpkin Patch & Pig Racin’ Experts to achieve our mission of creating amazing farm fun for the whole family along with great food, and memories. As a family, we are committed to providing a work environment that is safe, inclusive, and accepting of everyone.
- Schedules are flexible, and only require you to work 15 hours a week from Sept. 24 through October 30.
- The average Pumpkin Patch Festival Staff can earn over $500 working part-time during our Pumpkin Patch, Pig Races, Mazes & More! Or start earlier in the month and work more hours to earn even more!!
- All Pumpkin Patch Festival Staff receive 10% of all farm market purchases!
- Admission & Sales
- Farm Market Staff – Including Espresso Bar Barista, Bakery Helper, & Ice Cream Scooper
- Farm Market Cashiers (Prior Experience Required)
- Pumpkin Patch School Tours (Must be available Tues-Fri DAYTIME)
- Food Team – Including Fryer, Line Prep, Order Placers, and Cashiers
- Animal Pavilion Farm Hand
- Tractor – Wagon Ride Driver & Greeter (Valid Tractor Driver’s License Required)
- Pig Cart Driver & Greeter (Valid Tractor Driver’s License or Driver’s License Required)
- Activity Area Safety Staff Members & Greeters
- Pumpkin Sizer
French Prairie Gardens & Family Farm is seeking a qualified individual to join our dynamic team as a Farm Market Specialist. The Farm Market Specialist’s primary goal is to turn each guest into a happy, buying, repeat customer, through friendly, knowledgeable assistance.
Specific skills and qualities necessary for this position:
- Greeting and assisting customers with farm market purchases and assisting in some plant selection to help encourage purchases. Our goal is to achieve happy, repeat customers who are amazed at the exceptional quality of service provided to them and share their positive experience with others.
- Keeping shelves cleaned and filled with products; general upkeep of market and parking lot (picking up trash, wiping down market equipment / produce bins, etc.)
- Preparing and serving customers espresso drinks, ice cream, and milkshakes
- Set out sample foods and ensure all are kept filled and fresh
- Keeping produce fresh, well-stocked, and clean
- Cashier and assisting customers by helping them load hanging baskets, perennials, shrubs, annuals and other purchases in their vehicles
- Sweep and mop market floors on weekends and spot clean in-between
- Kitchen work: making doughnuts, happy hour plates, and other food items. Load and unload dishwasher and hand wash larger items
- Participating in company training and safety meetings
- Preparing for and working at our festivals and events, which are held mostly on weekendsimage002.pngimage003.pngimage002.pngimage003.png
- Filling in at the garden center as needed. Some days or periods of time, you might be working in both the farm market and garden center, but your primary responsibilities will involve the farm market. You will be given direction and training in both the garden center and farm market.
- Opening and / or closing the farm market and garden center as scheduled
Physical Requirements. Are you able to:
- Preferred 1-2 years sales and/or retail experience
- Excellent communication skills; Great attention to detail
- Ability to learn to use the sales registers proficiently
- Preferred barista experience or willingness to learn
How are you with People? Required people skills:
- Lift up to 50 pounds throughout the day
- Stand/walk on concrete and uneven ground 90% of the day. Able to walk up to 5 miles a day
- Work in all kinds of weather, hot or cold, indoors, outdoors, or in a greenhouse
- Squat, bend, reach – good range of physical movement and often times performed quickly
- Able to greet each person in a friendly, upbeat manner, no matter what your mood is at the time or the demeanor of the potential customer.
- Able to verbally communicate well and to engage in friendly, helpful conversation
- Energized by interacting with people.
- Ability to get along well with other team members, volunteers, vendors, customers, and supervisors.
- Part-time; 20-25 hours
- Saturdays and Sundays and at least two weekdays. (We are closed Mondays.)
- All festivals and events
- This position is seasonal. We are closed for business around mid-December through mid to end of February. Specific dates are decided closer to the end and beginning of each business season.
Hours of Operation:
Closed for the Season
Opening for the 2017 Season
on March 1, 2017